Happy 4th of July
Don’t forget to include your four legged friend this year in celebrating the 4th of July with these simple DIY pupsicles! Fireworks may not be your pup’s favorite part of this particular holiday but yogurt popsicles are sure to be a delicious hit for your furry friend. Yogurt is a healthy alternative to all of those sugars in traditional popsicles and will have tails wagging!
1/2 cup yogurt (plain or Greek)
5.4 oz. can of unsweetened organic coconut cream
1/3 cup fresh strawberries (rinsed and stemmed)
1/3 cup fresh blueberries
Bully sticks or any natural thin meat stick
You Will Need
2 cup measuring cup
3 sandwich bags with cups
bully sticks or any natural thin meat stick
- In the measuring cup, scoop out the coconut cream and stir until well blended.
- Add the yogurt and stir until creamy.
- Puree 1/3 cup yogurt mixture with the strawberries and pour into bag (red).
- Puree 1/3 cup yogurt mixture with the blueberries and pour into another bag (blue).
- Pour the remaining yogurt mixture into 3rd bag (white).
- Layer the colors into the popsicle mold starting with red, then white, then blue freezing for 15 minutes between each layer to prevent the colors from bleeding into one another.
- Add the meat sick in the center.
- Freeze for 4 hours and serve outside.
Tag us on Instagram @iLovePetcakes to show off your dogs enjoying their 4th of July inspired dog popsicles!